The global organic tea market size is expected to accelerate at a robust CAGR of 8.2 percent between 2022 and 2032, per a new report from Future Market Insights (FMI).
According to the firm, the global organic tea market is predicted to reach a valuation of US$1.2 billion in 2022 and a valuation US$2.6 billion by 2032.
The organic tea market accounts for about one percent of the overall functional beverage market, which is predicted to be valued at US$122.5 billion by the end of this year.
Based on historical analysis of the organic tea market from Future Market Insights, the growth of the organic tea market was previously predicted to surge at 7.5 percent CAGR, due to the increasingly better quality of organically grown tea and its numerous benefits to the environment and human health.
Overall, the research firm said that sales of organic tea are expected to have higher price realization, resulting in enhancing the socio-economic situation of tea producers. In addition, in multiple parts of the world, advances are being made in organic farming because of the surging food safety awareness and rising demand for organic food and beverage in the global market.
Key Takeaways from the New Report:
- According to the FMI analysis, organic tea market sales are anticipated to witness moderate growth over the forecast period, attributed to the rising demand for flavonoid-based beverages, which are rich in antioxidants. The range of nutritional products extracted from organic crops is expected to broaden because of growing concerns about cadmium’s harmful effects on human health. In addition, numerous benefits of organic tea maintain digestive health and help in activating good bacteria in the gut, therefore, improving gut health.
- Retail sales of these tea bags have surged immensely, which is likely to boost the organic tea market growth over the projection period.
- The expansion of the global organic tea market is accelerated primarily due to consumer awareness about safer alternatives to conventional products. The growing notion that clean-label products, including pesticide-free commodities, are both safe and healthy has boosted the demand for organically cultivated tea.
- As a result of the surging trend of healthy hydration, the demand for ready-to-drink nutritionally rich specialty tea has risen dramatically over recent years. In fact, leading tea companies have begun to provide organic versions of a vast variety of specialty teas.
- In comparison to traditional black tea, organically cultivated tea consists of more catechins such as epicatechin gallate, epigallocatechin gallate and epicatechin. Rising awareness about the presence of organically grown tea and the “detrimental effects of conventionally produced tea,” per FMI, is increasing its demand in nations such as Japan, the United States, Germany and other European countries.
- Leading manufacturers of organic tea are rapidly investing in the research and development of new and innovative variants of teas that meet the needs of modern consumers, who continue to seek and consume herbal, natural and clean-label products. Prominent market players also continue to focus on launching functional products that prioritize wellness, sustainability and health.
Future Market Insights is an ESOMAR-certified business consulting and market research firm. To learn more about the report, visit FutureMarketInsights.com/Reports/Organic-Tea-Market
Plan to Attend or Participate in the
World Tea Conference + Expo, March 27-29, 2023
To learn about other key developments, trends, issues, hot topics and products within the global tea community, plan to attend the World Tea Conference + Expo, March 27-29, 2023 in Las Vegas, co-located with Bar & Restaurant Expo. Visit WorldTeaExpo.com.
To book your sponsorship or exhibit space at the World Tea Conference + Expo, or to enquire about advertising and sponsorship opportunities at World Tea News, contact:
Business Development Manager, Questex
Email: [email protected]