Questex’s World Tea Conference + Expo, North America’s leading tea event focused on the business of tea, will take place March 27-29, 2023 in Las Vegas at the Las Vegas Convention Center, co-located with Bar & Restaurant Expo.
The yearly event attracts businesses and professionals from the national and international tea community, including buyers and decision makers from retailers, grocery, hotels, distributors, foodservice, tea shops, cafes and gift shops, among many others. The expo offers unique opportunities to experience and taste the latest tea and tea-related products, and the conference program offers in-depth education on tea trends and issues, as well as insights on how to profit from tea.
Registration and details are available at WorldTeaExpo.com. Attendees can buy their Tea Guru or Full Conference Pass by Jan. 31, 2023, to save up to $450 with the early bird rates.
Some of the leading organizations participating in the event include: Camelot Tea Company, Caraway Tea & Botanicals, CLARKEsTEA, ConjureTea, Cured Leaves Tea, Dethlefsen & Balk, Inc., Dweller Teas, Felicity Loft Tea, FETCO, Firsd Tea, Flavor Waves, FORLIFE, Glenburn Tea Direct, Harney & Sons Fine Teas, Honey Badgers Bee Farm, International Tea Importers (ITI), Jade Tea Ltd., Jay Shree Tea and Industries Ltd, JingWei Fu Tea, Likkle Tea, Loose Leaf Boba Company, Mrs. Little’s Teas & Toys, Metropolitan Tea Company, MILK + T, Nepal Tea Collective, OHKI Co., Ltd., Sara's Tea Caddie, Sasaki Green Tea Company, SerendipiTea, Sherpa Chai, Sugimoto Tea Company, The Tea House Times and more.
Some of the educational sessions at the 2023 World Tea Conference + Expo include:
- “Tea into the Future: Understanding and Managing Change,” featuring Peter F. Goggi of the Tea Association of the U.S.A
- “A Future Where Everyone Wins – Translating a Living Wage into Reality,” featuring Will Battle, of Fine Tea Merchants, Jeni Dodd of Jeni Dodd Tea, Jem McDowall of Universal Commodities (Tea) Trading, Inc., and Henrietta Lovell of Rare Tea Company
- “Embracing Change: An Optimistic Outlook for Tea,” featuring Shabnam Weber of the Tea & Herbal Association of Canada
- “Boba Bootcamp,” featuring Stacey Kwong of Milk + T and Thomas Liu of Loose Leaf Boba Company
- “The 10 Most Important Blending Herbs That You Need to Stock and How to Use Them,” featuring Sharyn Johnston of Australian Tea Masters
- “Tea Training: Ways to Motivate and Keep Your Staff,” featuring Valerie Peyre of Chanoyu Tea
- “Better Management Through Common Sense,” featuring John Snell of Ela's Tea Co. and NMTeaB Consultanc
- “Operating Your Teashop with the Help of Technology,” featuring Jamila Wright and Alfonso Wright of Brooklyn Tea
- “Reaching Out to an Untouched Audience: Welcoming the Next Generation of Tea Drinkers,” featuring Justine Duquette and Melissa Duquette of Cup of CommuniTea
- “Print Vs. Digital: Knowing the Difference,” featuring Lorna Reeves of TeaTime magazine
- “Tea is NOT Coffee!!,” featuring David Veal of the European Specialty Tea Association
- “This Is Your Brain on Tea,” featuring Dr. Nada Milosvljevic MD, JD of Sage Tonic
- “From Farm to Tea Cup: Grown Locally,” featuring Cass Ruhlman of Antiquity TeaHouse & KinShip
- “What on Earth Is in Your Tea Cup?” featuring Jacqulyn Gervey Hague of UC Davis
- “Experiential Retail,” featuring Kevin Gascoyne of Camellia Sinensis
- “The Personal Journey of a Female Tea-Maker,” featuring Muskan Khanna of Tea Studio
- “The Healing Power of Tea: Using Ayurveda & Tea,” featuring Steve Schwartz of The Art of Tea
Other noteworthy highlights and features include:
- Tea Business Incubator – The Tea Business Incubator will now be split over two days. On Monday, March 27, an all-day session with a look at six different ways to dive into the tea industry from six different speakers, featuring a Q&A at the end. On Tuesday, March 28, the course will cover critical skills. If you’ve never experienced tea expert Chris MacNitt/Johnston in action, then you will be very happy that you decided to spend the morning with him. He’ll present some tricks of the trade to get you started with tasting, cupping and sensing teas like an old pro. The Tea Business Incubator is included with the Tea Guru Pass.
- Opening Night Reception – Everyone is welcome to attend and cheer on their favorites for the Best of Awards at the Opening Night Reception at the World Tea Conference + Expo, Monday, March 27. Rubs elbows with World Tea Advisory Board members and 2023 conference speakers, and network and socialize with other conference attendees. Shabnam Weber of the Tea & Herbal Association of Canada will conduct a charity drive (more to be announced). Also, after the World Tea Conference + Expo Opening Reception, attendees can walk over to the Bar & Restaurant Expo Welcome Kickoff Party to mingle, sample complimentary beverages and meet new suppliers (details coming soon).
- Tea Flights – Participate in this unique tasting experience – Wednesday, March 29 – to get acquainted with different tea flavor profiles from around the globe. Tea expert Daniel Lewis, who’s always entertaining, will emcee. The Tea Flights program is included with the Tea Guru Pass.
- Kevin Gascoyne's Rarest Tea Tastings – Back by popular demand, this session will take attendees on a guided journey of some of the rarest teas from around the world. Sample the fine teas in a room transformed by soft lighting and soothing music, as Gascoyne presents this unique session. The special session is limited to just 40 seats, so register and book your spot before it sells out. Purchase your World Tea Conference & Expo pass by Jan. 31 at the early bird rates, and add-on the Rarest Tea Tasting ticket now.
Plan to Attend or Participate in the
World Tea Conference + Expo, March 27-29, 2023
To learn about other key developments, trends, issues, hot topics and products within the global tea community, plan to attend the World Tea Conference + Expo, March 27-29, 2023 in Las Vegas, co-located with Bar & Restaurant Expo. Visit WorldTeaExpo.com.
To book your sponsorship or exhibit space at the World Tea Conference + Expo, or to enquire about advertising and sponsorship opportunities at World Tea News, contact:
Business Development Manager, Questex
Email: [email protected]